Move to Alert Level 2
Kia ora koukou
You will be aware that all of New Zealand excluding the Auckland region moved to Alert Level 2 at noon yesterday. This is unsettling news, but we want to assure our HCK community that we are prepared and will remain open.
It is safe for all children and staff to attend kindergarten. Appropriate precautions are in place.
Here is a summary of the situation at Alert Level 2:
- Children and staff who are at higher-risk of severe illness are encouraged to take additional precautions when leaving home.
- Anyone who is presenting as unwell must not come to kindergarten. Parents or caregivers will be asked to collect a child who becomes unwell during session.
- If your child will not be attending kindergarten for any reason, please call the Head Teacher to let them know.
- Excursions have been cancelled.
- Messaging about good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette will be reinforced. We will do this through posters on our walls and reminders to children.
- Children must wash their hands in the bathroom when they arrive at kindergarten. Adults should use the hand sanitiser available.
- Contact tracing has been reintroduced. Adults must complete the contact tracing sheet for themselves and also sign their child in. This is a legal requirement at Alert Level 2.
- Kindergartens will display the QR Code tracing poster. We encourage you to download the app and use this to record your movements.
- There does not need to be a measurable physical distance between tamariki, or tamariki and staff. Adults should, where practicable, use 1 metre as a guide between other adults.
- Masks are not required in early learning services or schools at Alert Levels 2 or 3.
Please talk to your Head Teacher if you have any questions. We will continue to update you as more information is made available.
Charmaine Hakaraia and Norma Roberts
HCK General Managers