Yesterday our Prime Minister shared the great news that New Zealand has no active cases of COVID-19, and as of 12am this morning we are at Alert Level 1. Well done to everyone for following the guidelines and keeping each other safe.
This move to Level 1 means that we are almost back to life as normal for Kindergartens, with good hygiene practices and people who are unwell staying away, remaining a priority.
Here is how Alert Level 1 will look at our Kindergartens:
- We no longer require you to sign a contact tracing register – we will return to the regular sign-sheets for parents and caregivers.
- The NZ COVID Tracer QR code poster will be displayed to enable you to scan for your personal record of where you have been.
- Anyone sick will be asked to stay home (and to phone Healthline on 0800 611 116 or their GP to get tested if they have cold or flu symptoms).
- Children will be encouraged to regularly wash and dry hands, and sneeze/ cough into elbows.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available for your use.
- Shared surfaces will be regularly disinfected
This follows the Alert Level 1 Golden Rules and assure stringent self-isolation of staff who display relevant symptoms of COVID-19, test positive for COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, or have been overseas in the last 14 days – Ministry of Health information for self-isolation.
We are excited to have more normality return to our everyday lives and welcome back more children to Kindergarten.
If you have any questions please speak to your Head Teacher at Kindergarten who will be happy to help.
General Manager of Operations