We provide a Holiday Kindergarten programme each term break with a team of qualified and experienced teachers.
Each term break we open two of our kindergartens – one in Central Hutt and one in Wainuiomata. The venues vary each term and all children enrolled with Hutt City Kindergarten are eligible to enrol even if the venue is not their regular kindergarten.
Holiday Kindergarten sessions are 8.30am to 2.30pm, and there are up to 30 spaces at the Central Hutt venue and 20 space at the Wainuiomata venue. We open enrolments at the beginning of each term and we encourage early registration to secure a space for your child.
Holiday Kindergarten offers:
- A comfortable and familiar format.
- Fun group learning through play.
- A safe and stimulating environment.
- 100% qualified teachers.
An affordable choice:
- 2 or 3 day registrations are free (when using 20 Hours ECE).
- 4 day registrations/week (24 hours) only $16 (when using 20 Hours ECE).
Enrolling your child for Holiday Kindergarten:
Please download the form in the below link and return to your Kindergarten once completed.
If you have any questions about Holiday Kindergarten please talk to your Head Teacher, or call Anita our Holiday Kindergarten Coordinator on 920 9844.
Things to bring to Holiday Kindergarten:
- Nutritious morning tea and lunch - enough to meet your child's needs until end of session.
- Drink bottle filled with water.
- Full change of clothes suitable for messy, outdoor play.
- Wide-brimmed sun hat.
- Medication, if required.
- Supply of pull-ups or nappies, if required.
Things to remember:
- Clothing, lunch box and drink bottles should be named.
- Holiday Kindergarten is Nut Free.
- Fresh water is available at all times, but a drink bottle encourages independence.